Ulrich Alexander Fox famed as Rick Fox is a Canadian-Bahamian retired basketball player, actor, businessman, and former esports franchise owner. He played in the National Basketball Association (NBA) for the Boston Celtics and Los Angeles Lakers and played college basketball for the North Carolina Tar Heels. He was the owner of the esports franchise Echo Fox until his departure from the franchise in October 2019. Overall, he was a very talented person.
Rick Fox was not a passenger in a helicopter crash that killed Kobe Bryant
Despite Rick Fox trending on Twitter, the retired Lakers star was not involved in the crash that killed Kobe Bryant. Bryant was on his way to a basketball game with his 13-year-old daughter Gianna when the crash happened. Those aboard the helicopter included another player and a parent, but it was not Rick Fox. Rick’s stepdaughter confirmed on Twitter that he was not involved in the fatal crash.
What is the birthplace of Rick Fox?
Rick Fox was born on 24th July 1969 as Ulrich Alexander Fox in Toronto, Canada. His nationality is Canadian and his ethnicity is mixed with Bahamian, Scottish, and Italian. He was born to Dianne Gerace, an Olympic high jumper and women’s pentathlete, and Ulrich Fox. His father is Bahamian, his mother is of Italian and Scottish descent. His family moved to the Bahamas when he was of a young age. He has a sister named Jeanene Fox and a brother called Aaron Fox. About his education, he studied at Kingsway Academy, where he was one of the members of the high school’s basketball team, the “Saints.” He also played high school basketball in Indiana. He was voted onto the Indiana All-Star team in 1987. He starred collegiately at the University of North Carolina where his highlights incorporated the leading of Tar Heels to the 1991 NCAA Final Four. As of 2019, he celebrated his 50th birthday. He is Christian by religion.
How was Rick Fox’s Career?
- Fox started his professional basketball career after being selected by the Boston Celtics in the first round as the 24th pick overall during the 1991 NBA draft.
- He became the first rookie starter on opening night since Larry Bird in 1979 and made the 1992 NBA All-Rookie Second Team after averaging 8 points per game.
- By the 1995-1996 season, Fox had become the team’s starting small forward and achieved double-figure scoring.
- In the year 1997, the Celtics released him, and he signed with the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Following the 2003-2004 season, he was traded back to the Celtics but chose to retire instead.
- He also played internationally for Canada twice, once in the 1990 and the other during the 1994 FIBA World Championships.
- While attending UNC, he completed a bachelor’s degree in Radio, Television and Motion Pictures.
- In the year 1994, he appeared in the film Blue Chips in the role of a member of the Texas Western basketball team.
- After two years, he played the role of Terry Hastings in the film Eddie, a slumping basketball player who receives help from an “Eddie”.
- He then had a role as the ladies man Chick Deagan in the 1998 film He Got Game.
- He played the prison inmate named Jackson Vahue on the HBO prison drama Oz.
- He has also appeared in ‘To Your Health’ episodes.
- He was a supporting actor in the 1999 film Resurrection, 1-800-Missing, Crime Wave/Odd Ball episode of Nickelodeon’s animated series The Fairly OddParents, Street Time
- He also appeared in the movie Holes as the supporting character Clyde ‘Sweetfeet’ Livingston, a baseball player.
- In the year 2005, he guest-starred as Stephen Melbourne in Kevin Hill.
- He also appeared in Love, Inc that same year. Fox played in Mini’s First Time and appeared in One Tree Hill in 2006.
- In the year 2007, he played in Ugly Betty.
- The following year Fox signed on with the show Dirt.
- In 2008 and 2009, he had a recurring role The Game.
- In the year 2009, he played in Party Down and Head Case.
- He briefly guest-starred on Dollhouse and took on a recurring role on a remake of Melrose Place.
- In the year 2011, he played in The Big Bang Theory episode The Love Car Displacement.
- He later played in Body of Proof, Franklin & Bash, Single Ladies, Mr. Box Office, appeared in 5 videos with CollegeHumor duo Jake and Amir.
- He also played in Hit the Floor, Mom, The McCarthys.
- In the year 2015, he played in Sin City Saints, Sharknado 3: Oh Hell No!, and iZombie.
- He also appeared in Shameless, in 2016 as well as played on various reality TV shows.
- He was the owner of the esports franchise Echo Fox until his departure from the franchise in October 2019.
- In April 2019, Fox threatened to leave the esports team after accusing Razaida of making racist comments against him and Echo Fox CEO Jace Hall, as well as threatening Fox’s family.
- In September 2019, a lawsuit ousting Fox as a general partner was sent to him by several of his business partners, stating Fox had repeatedly worked against the best interests of the company.
Who is the Wife of Rick Fox?
Rick Fox is a married person. He was married to actress/singer Vanessa Williams. After eloping in summer 1999 in the Caribbean, they had another ceremony in September 1999 in NYC. They have a daughter who was born in May 2000. After The National Enquirer published pictures of Fox kissing and hugging another woman in mid-2004, Fox’s representative announced that the couple had been “headed toward divorce”. A few months later in August 2004, he filed for divorce from Williams. The duo later split. Fox and actress Eliza Dushku dated from October 2009 to June 2014. He was also said to have been in a relationship with Sharon Stone (2006-2007) and Kristin Davis (2007-2008). He has also dated Kari Hillsman and had a son Kyle (born 1993). His sexual orientation is straight and he is not gay.
What is the Net Worth of Rick Fox?
Rick Fox is a very successful former basketball player. He has accumulated a huge amount of money from his basketball career. His net worth is estimated to have $25 million as of 2020. His salary figure is unknown yet but there is no doubt in the mind of his followers that he is earning a considerable amount of money from his present work. Overall, he is satisfied with his earnings.
How tall is Rick Fox?
Being at the age of fifty, Rick Fox still looks very handsome and young with a charming smile attracting a lot of people towards him. He has a tall height of six feet seven inches with a weight of around 104 kg (230 lbs). His eye color, as well as hair color, are dark brown in color. His other body measurements have not been revealed yet and it will be added soon. Overall, he has got a healthy body with an athletic body build.