Born on June 17, 1943, Newt Gingrich is an American politician, author, and historian who is a member of the Republican Party and served as the 50th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 1996 to 1999.
Newt was a candidate for the presidential nomination of his party in 2012 and served as the US Representative for Georgia’s 6th congressional district from 1979 to 1999.
He was also a major leader in the victory in the 1994 congressional election and was named “Man of the Year” by Time in 2015 for “his role in ending the four-decades-long Democratic majority in the House”. To learn more about him, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended Emory University (BA) and Tulane University (MA, PhD).
Newt Gingrich Ethnicity/Religion
Gingrich was born in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania to Kahleen and Newton Searles McPherson. He is of Scottish and Irish descent. His mother married Robert Gingrich in 1946 who adopted Newt.
Newt Gingrich Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to Jackie Battley from1962 to 1981. After his marriage to Jackie, he married Marianne Ginther. They were married in 1981 and divorced in 2000.
In 2000, he married Callista Bisek. For more information, visit his twitter.
Former FBI officials in Mueller report hearing admit they never read Steele dossier https://t.co/L4PpX67bHw
— Newt Gingrich (@newtgingrich) June 13, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Newton Leroy Gingrich
- Nicknames: Newt Gingrich
- Birthday: June 17, 1943
- Age: 76 years old (as of June 2019)
- Birthplace: Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Emory University (BA) Tulane University (MA, PhD)
- Profession: Politician, author, historian
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Caucasian
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Gemini
- Spouse/Wife: Jackie Battley (m. 1962; div. 1981) Marianne Ginther (m. 1981; div. 2000) Callista Bisek (m. 2000)
- Children: 2
Over the last few weeks the stature gap between President @realDonaldTrump and Speaker Nancy Pelosi has grown dramatically. My latest column: https://t.co/UfA6OCQym2 pic.twitter.com/omnjxHJE9o
— Newt Gingrich (@newtgingrich) June 12, 2019
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is a Republican.
- He served as the 50th Speaker of the United States House of Representatives from 1995 to 1999.
- He was the US Representative for Georgia’s 6th congressional district from 1979 to 1999. and was a candidate for the presidential nomination of his party.
- He is a co-author and architect of the “Contract with America”.
- In 1995, Time named him “Man of the Year” for “his role in ending the four-decades-long Democratic majority in the House”.
- He is of Irish and Scottish descent.
- He was the southern regional director for Nelson Rockefeller in the 1968 Republican primaries.
- In 1981, Gingrich co-founded the Military Reform Caucus (MRC) and the Congressional Aviation and Space Caucus.
- He is mostly known for the 1994 Contract with America.
- He is a founder of American Solutions for Winning the Future.
- Visit our site for more updates.
My style is to stay on the offensive: to take risks, to recover very fast when you make a mistake, but to keep moving forward.