Multiple former contestants from NBC’s “The Voice” are set to be featured on an album together. Hardy’s release, Hixtape vol. 2, features a huge number of collaborators from across the music industry.
The first volume of “Hixtape” was released in 2019 and featured multiple artists. According to the Hixtape website, the definition of the term is “A mixtape of BACKROAD BANGERS. Brought to you by your favorite good ol country boys and girls. EST 2019 by the HiXTAPE OG, HARDY.”
The website also says that the album is a “big, loud state of mind, straight outta Nashville, but wide open to everybody anywhere, who loves some real country and a real good time.”
Dierks Bentley, a current advisor on “The Voice,” is one of the singers featured on the album. Morgan Wallen, who got his start on “The Voice” in 2014, will also be featured on the album.
Two Former ‘The Voice’ Performers Are Part of the Collaboration
There are 14 songs in all on the official announcement for “Hixtape vol 2,” and many of the songs feature collaborations from a number of singers, songwriters and bands from around Nashville.
“Well the cat is out of the bag,” the official Instagram account wrote. “Here are the tracks, dates and artists on each song. We aren’t sure how this got leaked exactly… but we have some suspects.”
In the video announcement of the album, Hardy says that the album will feature the “most talented and rowdiest people Nashville has to offer.
The Album Has 14 Tracks
Here’s the track list for the upcoming album:
- Hometown Boys featuring Matt Stell, Dierks Bentley & Hardy
- WD-40 4WD featuring Sean Stemaly, Jimmie Allen & Justin Moore
- In Love With My Problems featuring Larry Fleet and Jon Pardi
- To Hank featuring Hardy, Brantley Gilbert and Colt Ford
- Small Town On It featuring Chris Lane and Scotty McCreery
- Break Your Own Damn Heart featuring Midland & Marty Stuart
- Drink Up featuring Lee Brice, Randy Houser & Hardy
- Jonesin’ featuring Ronnie Dunn, Jake Own & Jake Worthington
- Red Dirt Clouds featuring David Lee Murphy, Ben Burgess & Ernest
- Beer With My Buddies featuring Hardy, Josh Thompson & Travis Denning
- One of Y’All featuring Hardy, Rhett Atkins & The Cadillac Three
- I Smoke Weed featuring Ashland Craft & Brothers Osborne
- Beer Song featuring Lainey Wilson, Chase Rice & Granger Smith
- Goin’ Nowhere featuring Hardy, Morgan Wallen & Chris Shiflett
Hardy explained why he won’t be performing on all the songs in the original clip announcement.
“I know a lot of y’all have been asking when Hixtape No. 2 is coming out. Look Hixtape No. 1 was awesome, 10 songs, 16 of my good friends, I sang every single song,” HARDY explained in the clip. “This time we’re going to do it a little bit different. Get this, 33 artists and bands, 14-songs. Now, I’m only singing on 6-songs but the rest of the songs are awesome and it’s people singing that are some of the most talented and rowdiest people Nashville has to offer and here’s what we’re going to do.”
Hixtape Vol. 2 will be officially completely released as of December 10, 2021, according to the Instagram post.
Artists featured on volume 1 included Cole Swindell, Morgan Wallen, Dustin Lynch, Joe Diffie, Trace Adkins, Thomas Rhett, Hunter Phelps, Keith Urban, Lauren Alaina and Devin Dawson.
READ NEXT: WATCH: Blake Shelton Uses His ‘The Voice’ Battle Save Following Incredible Performance