Lisa Kudrow is an American actor who is known for her role in the television sitcom ‘Friends.’ Her role as Phoebe Buffay in ‘Friends’ not only won her many awards but also made her a household name in the United States. Apart from being an actor, she is also a writer and producer. Also, she appeared in several television roles which increased her popularity as well. Throughout her career, she won an ‘Emmy Award’ and two ‘Screen Actors Guild Awards’ for the same. Let’s know more about her through this article.
What is Lisa Kudrow famous for?
- An American actress, comedian, writer, singer, and producer.
Where is Lisa Kudrow from?
Recalling her early life, Lisa was born in Los Angeles, California, the U.S. to her parents, Lee N. Kudrow and Nedra Stern in the year 1963. Currently, she aged 56 years old. She is of American nationality and belongs to White ethnicity. Her birth sign is Leo and her religious views are Judaism. Also, he grew up along with her three siblings named Helene Marla Kudrow, Derrick Kudrow, and David B. Kudrow.
For education, she attended Portola Middle School in California. Then, She went to Taft High School in Woodland Hills, Los Angeles, from where she graduated. After that, she joined Vassar College in Poughkeepsie, New York, where she earned a Bachelor of Science degree in psycho-biology.
What does Lisa Kudrow do now?
- Upon her graduation, Lisa joined her father in his work. She started working with him in his study of analyzing the likelihood of left-handed individuals developing a cluster headache.
- Then, She began attending improv classes while continuing to work with her father. Later, she joined the famous Los Angeles improv comedy group, ‘The Groundlings.’ During this time, she became friends with Conan O’Brien.
- Soon, she got an opportunity to perform with other improv groups as well and started auditioning for television roles. She appeared as ‘Kathy Fleisher’ in three episodes of season one in the popular sitcom ‘Bob.’
- She received her big breakthrough in 1994 when she was cast as ‘Phoebe’ in ‘Friends.’ She became very popular by playing this role and earned several awards and accolades for her performance.
- Her role in ‘Friends’ made her a household name in the United States and it was not long before she started receiving offers to appear in films. Even though she had already played minor roles in some movies, she had not portraited substantial roles in films.
- During the late-1990s, she acted in movies, such as ‘Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion’ (1997), ‘Clockwatchers’ (1997), ‘The Opposite of Sex’ (1998), and ‘Analyze This’ (1999). Meanwhile, her popularity as a television star also continued to rise.
- In 2002, she played the role of ‘Laura Sobel’ in the mafia comedy film ‘Analyze That,’ a sequel to the 1999 film ‘Analyze This.’ The film also starred Robert De Niro and Billy Crystal who played the roles of mobster ‘Paul Vitti’ and psychiatrist ‘Ben Sobel’ respectively.
- In the 2007 drama film ‘P.S. I Love You,’ she was cast as ‘Denise,’ one of the friends of the protagonist, played by Hilary Swank.
- In 2009, she appeared in many movies, including ‘Hotel for Dogs,’ ‘Powder Blue,’ and ‘Paper Man.’
- In 2008, She launched ‘Web Therapy,’ an improvisational web series. She starred as ‘Fiona Wallice,’ a self-centered therapist who hopes to promote her new technique as a worldwide therapy option.
- She also served as the co-creator, writer, and executive producer of the series that ran till 2014.
- Some of her other movies are ‘Neighbors’ (2014) and ‘El Americano: The Movie’ (2016). She also did films like ‘Table 19’ (2017), ‘Neighbors 2: Sorority Rising’ (2016), and ‘The Girl on the Train’ (2016).
- In 2017, she voiced ‘Mrs. Templeton’ in the animated comedy film ‘The Boss Baby.’ The following year, she voiced ‘Ozma’ in a short film titled ‘Lovesick Fool – Love in the Age of Like.’
- In 2019, she played supporting roles in movies, such as ‘Long Shot’ and ‘Booksmart.’ She also started voicing ‘Judy Elk’ in the animated comedy TV series ‘Human Discoveries.’
- In 2020, she appeared several film and TV series like ‘The Good Place’, ‘Feel Good’, ‘Space Force’, ‘The One Where They Got Back Together’, and ‘Like a Boss’.
What are the achievements of Lisa Kudrow?
Throughout her career, Lіѕа hаѕ rесеіvеd ѕіх ‘Рrіmеtіmе Еmmу Аwаrd’ nоmіnаtіоnѕ fоr hеr ѕhоw ‘Frіеndѕ,’ оut оf thеѕе ѕhе wоn оnе іn thе уеаr 1998. Ѕhе hаѕ аlѕо rесеіvеd twеlvе nоmіnаtіоnѕ fоr ‘Ѕсrееn Асtоrѕ Guіld Аwаrd, wіnnіng thеm іn 1996, аnd 2000.
Fоr hеr ѕhоw ‘Тhе Соmеbасk,’ ѕhе rесеіvеd а ‘Рrіmеtіmе Еmmу Аwаrd’ nоmіnаtіоn fоr ‘Оutѕtаndіng Lеаd Асtrеѕѕ іn а Соmеdу Ѕеrіеѕ.’
Who is Lisa Kudrow married to?
Reflecting on her personal life, Lisa was married to her long-term boyfriend, Michel Stern. The couple started dating in 1993 and later engaged in 1994. Then, the couple exchanged their vows on 27th May 1995. Together, the couple blessed a child named Julian Murray in 1998. Presently, the pair live blissful life and seems to be happy.
Previously, she dated Conan O’Brien in 1993. The couple in a relationship until 1998. She also dated Victor Wilson in her past.
How much is Lisa Kudrow worth?
Being an actress, Lisa has earned an impressive amount of money and fame through her profession in the field of the entertainment industry. Based on some online sites, her estimated net worth said to be $90 million at present. She also earned through her endorsements and TV commercials like Aquafina (2001), E! Entertainment Television cable channel (2002), The Movie Network (Canada) (2005), and Nintendo DS “Personal Trainer: Cooking” (2008) and many more.
How tall is Lisa Kudrow?
Observing her body physics, Lisa stands a height of 5 feet 8 inches and weighs around 62 Kg. Similarly, she has a pair of blue eyes and dyed blonde hair color. Further, her body measures 36-25-35 inches and she used 34B bra size. Additionally, her shoe size is 9 (US) and the dress size is 8 (US).