Born on May 9, 1989, Katie Bouman is an American scientist (imaging scientist) who is known for being the first to visualize a black hole using Event Horizon Telescope. Starting from June 2019, she is an Assistant Professor of Computing and Mathematical Science at California Institute of Technology. To learn more about her, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended University of Michigan and Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Katie Bouman Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
She was born in West Lafayette, Indiana to Charles Bouman, a professor of electrical and computer engineering and biomedical engineering at Purdue University.
Katie Bouman Education/College
She was a brilliant student and a brilliant mind since her childhood. When she was in her high school, she did imaging research with Purdue University professors. After her high school graduation, she studied electrical engineering at the University of Michigan and earned her master’s degree in electrical engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
Katie Bouman Affair/Married/Dating
Her relationship status is not known at the moment. Visit her twitter for more information.
Here is a Nature twitter post.
Katie Bouman led the creation of an algorithm that helped capture the first ever image of a black hole. We asked her what this breakthrough means for science. For more reaction from other scientists, visit our YouTube channel: https://t.co/H1UfPI6Y8V pic.twitter.com/mrz65x3nzA
— nature (@nature) April 11, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Katherine Louise Bouman
- Nicknames: Katie
- Birthday: May 9, 1989
- Age: 29 years old (as of April 2019)
- Birthplace: West Lafayette, Indiana, United States
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: University of Michigan, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Profession: Scientist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Caucasian
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Taurus
- Spouse/Dating: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is best known for being responsible for the first images of black hole.
- She has written for Astronomy Now.
- Bouman joined the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) as an assistant professor in June 2019.
- She studied electrical engineering at University of Michigan and earned her master’s degree in electrical engineering at Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
- Her master’s thesis, Estimating Material Properties of Fabric through the Observation of Motion, was awarded the Ernst Guillemin Award for best Master’s Thesis.
- She earned her doctorate in electrical engineering from MIT in 2017.
Not Available. Visit our site for more updates.