Kate Spade was found dead of an apparent suicide at the age of 55 on June 5, 2018. It is a tragic event for all the fashionistas out there that probably used some of the designer’s handbags and other accessories. Kate Spade was famous for her colorful and classic and high end designer handbags and accessories. Kate Spade, a designer and a businesswoman was born in 1962 in Kasnas, Missouri, USA. Spade was legally named Katherine Noel Brosnahan, and she started her business with the brand Kate Spade when she got into the business with partner Andy Spade, who later turned into her husband. The duo launched the company in 1993 with Katherine’s first and Andy’s last name.
Before Fame: Kate Spade opened her first boutique in 1996 in a small store in Manhattan SoHo district.
Kate Spade Ethnicity/Married/Religion/Husband
Late Kate Spade was married to Andrew (Andy) Spade in 1994, after the start of their venture together. They met while they were in Arizona State University. Andy is also the brother of comedian David Spade.
The couple welcomed their daughter, Frances Beatrix Spade in 2005. Visit her site.
Spade was found in her Manhattan Apartment and Andy was home when the suicide was discovered. Frances, her 13 year old daughter was at school. There was a suicide note that read “This has nothing to do with you. Don’t feel guilty. Ask your dad” which addressed her daughter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Katherine Noel Brosnahan
- Nicknames: Kate Spade/ Kate Valentine
- Birthday: December 24, 1962
- Age at death: 55 years
- Birthplace: Missouri
- Current Residence at death: Manhattan
- Education: Arizona State University
- Profession: Fashion Designer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Caucasian
- Religion: Christian
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Husband: Andy Spade
- Children: Francis Beatrix Spade
- Net Worth: $150 million
- Height: N/A
- Weight: N/A
- Feet Size: N/A
- Dress Size: N/A
- Shoe Size: N/A
- Chest Size: N/A
- Biceps: N/A
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Her name is Katherine Noel Brosnahan.
- Her nephew, Rachel Brosnahan is a famous actress.
- She received the “America’s New Fashion Talent in Accessories” award in 1996 by the Council of Fashion Designers of America.
- Spade was found dead in her Manhattan apartment, hung by a scarf tied to the door. This is a tragic event.
“If you’re as honest and fair as you can be, not only in business but in life, things will work out. I hope that people remember me not just as a good businesswoman but as a great friend — and a heck of a lot of fun.”
Who is Cardi B? Learn more about her.