Born on March 26, 1953, Elaine Chao is an American public service official who is the United States Secretary of Transportation and previously served as Secretary of Labor under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2009. As a member of the Republican Party, she is the first Asian American woman and the first Chinese American in US History to be appointed to a President’s Cabinet. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Mount Holyoke College and Harvard University.
Elaine Chao Ethnicity/Religion
Elaine was born to Ruth Mulan Chu Chao and James S.C. Chao in Taipei. She was born as eldest of six daughters to the Chinese parents and emigrated to US when she was 8 years old. Her father is the founder of Foremost Group.
Elaine Chao Affair/Married/Husband
She is married to Mitch McConnell, the senior US Senator from Kentucky. She has no children. For more information, visit her twitter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Elaine Lan Chao
- Nicknames: Elaine
- Birthday: March 26, 1953
- Age: 66 years old (as of June 2019)
- Birthplace: Taipei, Taiwan
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Mount Holyoke College (BA), Harvard University (MBA)
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: She is of Chinese ethnicity
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Aries
- Spouse/Husband: Mitch McConnell (m. 1993)
- Net Worth: $24 million USD
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She is a Republican.
- She was born to Chinese parents.
- She was the first Asian American woman and the first Chinese American in US History to be appointed to a President’s Cabinet.
- She is the US Secretary of Transportation and was previously Secretary of Labor under President George W. Bush from 2001 to 2009.
- Elaine and her parents emigrated to US when she was 8 and her founder the Foremost Group.
- She was born as eldest of six daughters.
- She has received 37 honorary doctorates including Doctor of Humane Letters degree from Georgetown University.
- Before her career in public service, she was the Vice President for syndications at Bank of American Capital Markets Group.
We want to make sure that workers know their rights and that employers know their obligations. That is the best way to protect workers.