Born on August 24, 1973, Dave Chappelle is an American stand-up comedian, actor, writer and producer who is best known for his iconic comedy sketch series Chappelle’s Show. He has received many accolades including two Emmy Awards and two Grammy Awards. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He moved to New York City to pursue his career in comedy.
Dave Chappelle Ethnicity/Religion
He was born in Washington D. C. to William David Chappelle III and Yvonne K. Chappelle Seon. His father was a professor in Antioch College and his mother was a professor at Howard University, and University of Maryland.
Dave Chappelle Affair/Married/Wife
He is married to Elaine Mendoza Erfe. They married in 2001 and have two sons. For more information, visit his twitter.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: David Khari Webber Chappelle
- Nicknames: Dave Chappelle
- Birthday: August 24, 1973
- Age: 46 years old (as of August 2019)
- Birthplace: Washington D. C, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Duke Ellington School of the Arts
- Profession: Comedian, actor, writer, producer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Spouse/Wife: Elaine Erfe (m. 2001)
- Children: 3
- Net Worth: He is a millionaire
- Height: 5 feet 11 inches (180 cm)
- Weight: 75-82 kg (approx)
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is best known for his comedy sketch series Chappelle’s Show.
- He moved to New York to start his career in comedy after graduating from high school.
- He was called the “comic genius of America” by 20016.
- In 2016, he signed a $20 million-per-release comedy-special deal with Netflix.
- His father, William David Chapelle III, taught music and voice at Antioch College in Yellow Springs, Ohio.
- He is one of the few celebrities to do advertisements for both Coca-Cola and Pepsi.
- His wife is of Filipino descent.
- In 2017, he won a Grammy Award for his great performance in his Netflix special, The Age of Spin & Deep in the Heart of Texas.
I still think people do have racial hang-ups, but I think one of the reasons I can joke about it is people are shedding those racial hatreds.
Visit our site for more updates.