Born on July 22, 1946, Danny Glover is an American actor, film director and political activist who is best known for his role as Roger Murtaugh in the film series Lethal Weapon. He is also known for his roles in the movies The Color Purple (1985), To Sleep with Anger (1990), Predator 2 (1990), Angels in the Outfield and so on. He appears as Grandpa Allen in the movie The Last Black Man in San Francisco (2019). For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He made his film debut in Escape from Alcatraz (1979).
Danny Glover Ethnicity/Religion
Danny was born in San Francisco, California to Carrie and James Glover. Both of his parents were postal workers and were active in the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
Danny Glover Affair/Married/Wife
He was married to Asake Bomani from 1975 to 1999. They have daughter named Mandisa.
He married Eliane Cavalleiro in 2009. Visit his twitter for more information.
*Hey #LosAngeles #NewYork & #SanFransisco go see #TheLastBlackManInSanFransisco tonight!! pic.twitter.com/DgYqNHjPUj
— Tichina Arnold (@TichinaArnold) June 7, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Danny Lebern Glover
- Nicknames: Danny Glover
- Birthday: July 22, 1946
- Age: 72 years old (as of June 2019)
- Birthplace: San Francisco, California, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: George Washington High School, American Conservatory Theater
- Profession: actor, film director, political activist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Black
- Zodiac: Cancer
- Spouse/Wife: Asake Bomani (m. 1975; div. 2000) Eliane Cavalleiro (m. 2009)
- Children: 1
- Net Worth: he is a millionaire
- Height: 6′ 4″ (1.93 m)
- Weight: Above 80 kg
- Eye Color: Brown
Who is Jimmie and Montgomery of The Last Black Man in San Francisco? Learn here..
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He made his film debut in Escape from Alcatraz (1979).
- He is best known for his role as Roger Murtaugh in the film series Lethal Weapon.
- His parents were postal workers and were active in the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
- He suffered from epilepsy as an adolescent and young adult.
- He is the older brother of Martin Glover.
- He was a member of the Black Student union while attending San Francisco State University.
- He donated $1 million to commence TransAfrica Forum’s $5 million Capital Campaign.
- He named “In the Heat of the Night” as his favorite film of all time.
Every day of my life I walk with the idea I am black no matter how successful I am.
Meeting someone, seeing someone, finding someone, finding a relationship with somebody that you didn’t anticipate. I’m challenged all the time with keeping that space open.