Born on September 2, 1950, Bill Murray is an American actor, comedian and writer who rose to fame after his exposure on Saturday Night Live and is best known for his roles in films including Meatballs, Ghostbusters, Tootsie, Groundhog Day and so on. He has received Mark Twain Prize for American Humor in 2016. For more information, read the article below.
Before Fame: He rose to fame after appearing in Saturday Night Live.
Bill Murray Ethnicity/Religion
Bill was born in Evanston, Illinois to Lucille and Edward Joseph Murray II. He and his eight siblings were in Roman Catholic Irish-American family.
Bill Murray Affair/Married/Wife
He married Margaret Kelly on January 25, 1981. They have two sons. They divorced in 1996. In 1997, he married Jennifer Butler and they have four sons. They divorced in 2008.
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: William James Murray
- Nicknames: Bill Murray
- Birthday: September 21, 1950
- Age: 68 years old (as of may 2019)
- Birthplace: Evanston, Illinois, US
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Loyola Academy
- Profession: Actor, Comedian, Writer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Caucasian
- Zodiac: Virgo
- Spouse/Wife: Margaret Kelly (m. 1981; div. 1996), Jennifer Butler (m. 1997; div. 2008)
- Children: 6
- Height: 6 feet 2 inches (188 cm)
- Weight: 80-85 kg (approx)
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is of Irish descent.
- He accidentally broke Robert De Niro’s nose during the filming of Mad Dog and Glory (1993).
- He is a co-owner of the New York Yankees single A affiliate baseball team, the Charleston RiverDogs.
- He was rated number 1 in Comedy Central’s newest show ‘Mouthing Off: 51 Greatest Smartasses.’
- He is an avid golf player.
- He has no agent, no business manager and no make-up artist.
- His performance in Groundhog Day was ranked as 48th greatest performance in Premiere Magazine’s 100 Greatest Performances of All Time (2006).
- He was considered for Han Solo in Star Wars and Indiana Jones in Indiana Jones.
- He was also considered for the Tom Hank’s role in Forrest Gump.
- Visit our site for more updates.
I’m a nut, but not just a nut.