Born on October 5, 1943, Ben Cardin is an American politician who has been serving as the senior United States Senator from Maryland. Prior to it, he served as the US Representative for Maryland’s 3rd congressional district from 1987 to 2007.
Having his career spanned over half-century, he has never lost an election. To learn more about him, read the article below.
Before Fame: He attended University of Pittsburgh and University of Maryland.
Ben Cardin Ethnicity/Religion
He was born in Baltimore, Maryland to Dora and Meyer M. Cardin. His grandparents were Russian Jewish immigrants.
Ben Cardin Affair/Married/Wife
He is married to Myrna Edelman. They married in 1964. They have a daughter named Deborah. Their son Michael committed suicide on March 24, 1998. For more information, visit his twitter.
I hope the courts will once again serve as a check and balance against this admin’s discriminatory actions. My colleagues and I sent a letter urging DHS to withdraw this rule last year. We must continue to take steps to prohibit it from going into effect. https://t.co/XkZIAacPj4
— Senator Ben Cardin (@SenatorCardin) August 12, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Benjamin Louis Cardin
- Nicknames: Ben Cardin
- Birthday: October 5, 1943
- Age: 75 years old (as of August 2019)
- Birthplace: Baltimore, Maryland, US
- Current Residence: Maryland, United States
- Education: University of Pittsburgh, University of Maryland
- Profession: Politician
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: White
- Religion: His family followed Modern Orthodox Judaism
- Zodiac: Libra
- Spouse/Wife: Myrna Edelman (m. 1964)
- Children: Deborah (they had a son who committed suicide in 1998)
- Net Worth: Not Available
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- He is a member of the Democratic Party.
- He currently serves as the senior US Senator from Maryland.
- He previously served as the US Representative for Maryland’s 3rd congressional district from 1987 to 2007.
- His political career has expanded over half-century.
- He has never lost an election.
- His grandparents were Russian Jewish immigrants.
- He is a supporter of the death penalty.
- He was one of six senators to sign a letter to the Federal Trade Commission by requesting that it “use its rulemaking authority, along with other tools, in order to combat the scourge of non-compete clauses rigging our economy against workers” in March 2019.
- Their son, Michael, committed suicide at the age of 30 in 1998.
- He supports net neutrality.
The Clinton Foundation has been able to help millions of people – over 10 million with HIV/AIDS alone – saved countless lives. It’s extremely important to global health. They’ve done some really great things.
For more information, visit our site.