Born on January 4, 1981, Alicia Garza is an American civil rights activist and writer who is best known for birthing Black Lives Matter movement along with Opal Tometi and Patrisse Cullors. To learn more about her, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended University of California, San Diego.
Alicia Garza Ethnicity/Religion
Alicia grew up in mix raced household and began advocating from her high school.
Alicia Garza Sexual Orientation/Married
She married Malachi Garza, a transgender male activist in 2008. For more information, visit her twitter.
It’s launch day! Women everywhere are taking action and want to know how to do more. We’re ready to win! Join the @Supermajority because one of us can be ignored, two of us can be dismissed, but together, we are unstoppable! #SuperMajority pic.twitter.com/2ZephMkcxA
— Alicia Garza (@aliciagarza) April 29, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Alicia Garza
- Nicknames: Alicia
- Birthday: January 4, 1981
- Age: 38 years old (as of April 2019)
- Birthplace: Florida/California
- Current Residence: Oakland, California
- Education: University of California, San Diego
- Profession: civil rights activist, writer
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: grew up in mix-raced household
- Zodiac: Capricorn
- Spouse/Husband/Wife: Not Available
- Children: Not Available
Who is Ai-jen? Learn more about her here.
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- She grew up in mix-raced household.
- In 2008, she married Malachi Garza, a transgender male activist.
- Along with Opal Tometi and Patrisse Cullors, she birthed Black Lives Matter movement.
- She has served as the director of People Organized to Win Employment Rights.