Born in 1974, Ai-jen Poo is an American labor activist who is the director of National Domestic Workers Alliance and the co-director of Caring Across Generations. She is a recipient of 2014 MacArthur Award.
To learn more about her, read the article below.
Before Fame: She attended Columbia University.
Ai-Jen Poo Ethnicity/Religion/Nationality
She was born in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania to Mu-ming Poo and Wen-jen Hwu. Her father is a neuroscientist who immigrated to US from Taiwan in 1970s. Her mother was an oncologist.
Ai-Jen Poo Affair/Married
She is married to George Goehl. Visit her twitter for more information.
The work that makes all other work possible (Ai-jen Poo | TEDWomen 2018) https://t.co/FOWHgDbpuj via @TEDTalks
— Ai-jen Poo (@aijenpoo) March 1, 2019
Profile / Wiki / Information
- Full Name: Ai-jen Poo
- Nicknames: Aijen
- Birthday: 1974
- Age: 44/45 years old
- Birthplace: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Current Residence: United States
- Education: Columbia University
- Profession: labor activist
- Nationality: American
- Ethnicity/Race: Her parents are Taiwanese-American
- Religion: Not Available
- Zodiac: Not Available
- Spouse/Wife: George Goehl
- Children: Not Available
Who is Cecile Richards? Learn about her here.
- Height: Not Available
- Weight: Not Available
Trivia/ Facts that you probably didn’t know
- Her father is a neuroscientist who immigrated from Taiwan to US in 1970s.
- She attended the 75th Golden Globe Awards in 2018 as a guest of Meryl Streep.
- She has been mentioned as a potential future Secretary of Labor under a Democratic Administration.
- She is a recipient of MacArthur Award in 2014.
- She is the director of National Domestic Workers Alliance.
One thing I’ve learned, in the face of all kinds of indignities, domestic workers take so much pride in their work and love the children they care for.